Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things that make you go hmmm




Why do tourists go to the tops of tall buildings then put money into telescopes just
so they can see things on the ground close up?
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Why do we sing 'Take me out to the ballgame' when we're already there?
Speaking of ballgames, why are they called stands when they are made for sitting?
Why is a 'wise guy' and a 'wise man' opposites?
How come abbreviated is such a long word?
What do people in China call their good plates?
How do 'Do not walk on the grass' signs get there?
Why does 'Twinkle, twinkle little star' and The 'Alphabet song' have the same tune?
Let me guess... You just sung both songs didn't you?


How pumpkin pie is made...


Aren't these the coolest pumpkins?    











Thanks so much for stopping by.



4 comments:

  1. Great pumpkin carvings Dee. I need to get busy deciding on how to do my own.
    Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun things you find for us to enjoy, giggle at, ponder....

    Loved those pumpkin carvings... the merry-go-round is amazing -- think it'd be my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've brighten my day with your things to think about. Love the pumpkin carvings. Someone is very talented.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem Dee! Its simple, you can just add me to your bloglist (located on the side bar of your page) and I will add you to my blog, too. That will benefit both of us to get more visitors.

    If you decided to do link exchange with me, just contact me again.

    Henry
    www.vankaizer.com

    ReplyDelete