I had never even heard of the Liebster award, but I found out that it's an award given to a favorite blog of yours; one that is up and coming, with 200 followers or less.
I copied and pasted the rules from Sweet Auburn Life's post, (I hope that's okay).
Here are the rules...
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Ironically, in my previous post titled, 'A little about me,' there are already 9 random facts that I shared. So, since the rules state that I need 11 facts about me, I only need to include two more. So...
1. I only paint my toenails, never my fingernails.
I should say that I love the look of painted fingernails, but they chip so much sooner. I'm always washing my hands or they're in dishwater when I'm washing dishes or something. Unlike my toenails, polishing my finger nails just never last.
2. I can't resist going straight to the comic section when I read the Sunday newspaper. What can I say, I'm one of those people that prefers to hear the good news before the bad news.
Here are the questions asked by Sweet Auburn Life...
1. What was your first thought when you got this award?
I was definitely surprised. The award came at just the right time. Here lately, I've been wondering if anyone other than my daughter's were still reading my blog.
2. Tell us something about your corner of the world?
Well, we just moved right before Christmas, to New Salem, Pennsylvania. It's more quaint, with rolling hills, farmland and lots of trees. It's only about 10 minutes from where we used to live in York. Since there's only a little country store nearby with just a few odds and ends on the shelves, we still do the bulk of our grocery shopping in York.
3. Have you ever been to Ireland?
No, I've never been to Ireland, but I would love to visit one of these days.
4. Why do you blog?
Just recently, I did a post about this topic, too. I blog because it's not only fun, but it's a way to connect with people from all over the world and it's good to be heard.
5. What is your favourite cuisine?
For somebody who enjoys food as much as me, it's kind of hard to narrow it down to just one, but if you were twisting my arm, I'd probably have to go with haddock. I have a recipe for haddock that will knock your socks off... seriously.
6. What are you most afraid of?
This might sound crazy, but I'm terrified of losing my memory. Haven't you ever heard of those people that slam their head too hard and the next thing you know, it's like... who am I? Where do I live? I mean can you imagine your brain being wiped clean and forgetting absolutely everything you've ever known and forgetting everyone you love, including your children... your parent's. To me, it's such a scary thought.
7. What are you most grateful for?
8. What is your favourite time of year?
Autumn... it's the beautiful colors, the brisk fresh air, just knowing that my favorite holidays are right around the corner... I absolutely love it.
9. Are you introverted or extroverted?
Unfortunately, I am introverted, but I have dreamt of being the life of the party on more than one occasion.
10. What is the worst job you ever had?
When I was in my early twenties, I worked as a waitress on the night shift, from 11 at night to 7:00 in the morning, at a restaurant called Howard Johnson's. I hated it. People ran me ragged and then left $1.00 on the table or nothing at all.
11. What have you learned today?
That it's not as easy as I thought it'd be to come up with 11 people who have less than 200 follower's.
My nominations for the Liebster award...
Okay here are my questions for my nominees:
1. Are you a morning or a night person?
2. What's the last song you listened to on your MP3 player, CD player or radio?
3. What movie would you watch again and again?
4. Do you have a favorite flower?
5. Name one thing that's on your bucket list.
6. Have you ever been told you look like someone famous?
7. What's your biggest pet peeve?
8. Who is the one character on television or in your favorite novel that you simply adore?
9. If you could change your profession with the snap of your fingers, what would your new career be?
10. If you were granted 3 wishes, what's the first thing you'd ask for and you can't wish for more wishes?
11. If you were a crayon in a crayon box which color would you be?