Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Favorite Things


An Autumn Quote:
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
-Stanley Horowitz

Good-bye hot humid days! Lightning bugs and butterflies... you will truly be missed. Suddenly, I'm in the mood to go shopping for a new pair of boots. Well friends, summer is slowly coming to an end and before you know it, autumn will be here. I absolutely love the change of the seasons around this time of year and I immediately start to look forward to the great things to come. I can't wait to see all the beautiful fall colors. I'm also looking forward to the crisp, fresh air that's not too hot or too cold... but simply perfect. Soon, I'll be busy planning my menu for Thanksgiving dinner and I'll be even more anxious to start my Christmas shopping.

Okay, can you tell that autumn is my favorite time of year? You know, I was just thinking about how the nanny in 'The Sound of Music' made a song from her favorite things. Oprah even shared a list of her favorite things with the world. I thought it might be fun to share a few things that always leave a smile on my face but first... (Jeopardy question and movie category of the day... What was the nanny's name in 'The Sound of Music?'... Give up yet? The answer is... Maria.) Anyway, here it goes...

My Favorite Things:


How cool is this? Of course, anyone that has spent more than five seconds on my blog will automatically realize that I absolutely love these moving pictures. In my opinion, it adds personality and fun to the page. It seems that I'm becoming somewhat of a collector so... my apologies in advance because I've become hopelessly addicted. C'mon, you have to admit. Just watching the animation instantly gives your mood a boost. 

Decorating is something I'm very passionate about. I've spent an unGodly amount of hours watching HGTV and although my home is still a work in progress, it's coming along. Sadly, this isn't my bedroom but I can soooo see myself sleeping there. Eventually, I may just have a bedroom that looks something like this.





I love this bathroom... love it... love it... love it.

This would be my husband's dream 'man cave.' He would probably spend weeks at a time in this room and I would end up forgetting what he looks like and be forced to remarry.

I also like this living room very much. I love the warm colors and the high ceiling. It's just so inviting and cozy.

Okay, I could actually find pictures like this all day, so I'd better move on to something else or I'll never be able to stop myself.


The library has always been one of my favorite places to spend time, even as a small child. I can remember walking home some Saturday's with an armful of books that I just couldn't wait to get home to read. There's just something so completely awesome about being surrounded by millions of books. They're all alphebetized and stacked nice and neat on the shelves. They're like potato chips and I can never have just one. I always end up going back after two weeks to get extra time on the books that I haven't finished reading. Of course, while I'm there, I end up checking out at least one more. I absolutely despise the 'kindle' and I can't imagine reading books on such a small screen. It takes away the joy of actually stepping into a library, interacting with other people, (even if it's a smile and a simple hello) and searching for that perfect book to get lost in. My biggest fear is that the 'kindle' will cause the extinction of libraries and bookstores across the globe. The same thing is already happening to video stores because of 'Netflix' and 'Red Box,' which I also hate. 

Yes, I'm one of those Twilght people. There's just something special about sparkling men.
It's an Edward thing, you wouldn't understand.
  

Girl Power! Okay, I'm not a huge fan of the skimpy outfit but I do like women who kick ass. Not the helpless, defenseless ones who start off running but trip over a blade of grass, fall to the ground then stay there screaming waiting for the bad guy to catch up to them. How ridiculous is that? Wonder Woman has many amazing abilities including super speed and super strength but even her fashionable jewelry can stop bullets. Not to mention, how many superheroes do you know of that could prevent somebody from telling a lie? Uh huh... I didn't think so. Beware the Lasso of Truth... Oh and let's see if Super Man can find an invisible airplane in the parking lot. Fat chance! Wonder Woman was just that cool.  


Her name says it all. She has the power to control the weather and create any type of natural storm. She can control temperatures, precipitaion, humidity, moisture and create tornadoes, thunderstorms, blizzards and hurricanes. She can fly by creating winds strong enough to support her weight. Did you know that she can even manipulate the air in a person's lungs? She can also control the pressure inside the human inner ear, an ability she uses to cause intense pain. You Go Girl! The woman is beyond amazing. If I were you, I wouldn't piss her off.


What? You killed my man! Now you're going to have to die. The CIA thinks I'm a Russian spy. Well maybe I am, then again... maybe I'm not. Salt was a very good movie. Two thumbs up. I'm surprised it's not already in my collection at home but that's an easy fix.

Okay, since this post is becoming a lot longer than I originally anticipated, I'll only add one more thing that I like. I like to laugh. The world is just way to serious. So, I'll end things with something that I hope makes you smile, too. I hope you enjoy them. Have a Blessed Day everyone.









3 comments:

  1. Hi, Dee. I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and pay you a visit in return. I love the ambiance of your blog. I, too, am visually oriented and adore pictures. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee,
    Great post...I love, love, love to laugh too. It always makes me feel sooo young so I try to laught often...Hee, hee, hee. Not a hard thing to do when you have such a funny hubby, and teenage daughter like mine. They keep me in stiches...I love it. Anyways, thank you for stopping by for a visit today and for your sweet comment. I do hope you come and visit again soon. Wishing you a beautiful day.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun posting..... must agree, that moving picture of the swing is a real favourite! Jst seeing it makes me think fun summer days as a kid!

    And the library... well I don't think I'd have much trouble filling those shelves! How about you?

    ReplyDelete