Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthday approaches

With a birthday quickly approaching, I’ve found myself enjoying the warmth of the day, sipping a hot cup of tea and pondering quite a bit these days. As I stroll down the road of my 40’s, I’ve come to realize that my life hasn’t turned out at all like I’d originally planned it. I expected my life to be far less complicated, with fewer bumps in the road. The funny thing is, although it doesn’t match the life I’d always dreamed of, I wouldn’t trade my experiences for anything. Those experiences that I’ve had made me who I am. Without them, I’d be an entirely different person, surrounded by entirely different people and I wouldn’t be the same person that I am today. In fact, I would have followed a completely different path that wouldn’t have led me to my second husband who is my best friend and the love of my life. I feel very blessed as I look into the smiling faces of my family and I know without a doubt that I wouldn’t change anything for the world. My life today is imperfect but satisfying, loving but sometimes chaotic and most definitely a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Are you totally serious.... birthday in April too???

    BTW, I loved how you say that you enjoy your 'imperfect' family... a fun twist to it. And writing, decorating your home, cooking, getting lost in a good book and scrapbooking. Too bad Pennsylvania is so far (I live in Alberta, Canada). Oh well... thankfully there's blogging to keep us connected.

    Have I enthused enough for you?

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places....... and do come again!

    ReplyDelete